It’s that time of year again. The South Side Depot in Petersburg, WV has just put up tickets for sale online for the 2013 Santa Train Ride. It is such a wonderful event where you arrive in such a charming country store that serves as the depot. You instantly get handed a cup of hot coco and your choice of cookie while you wait to visit with Santa. Then you get to board the train and ride about 40 min to where they have set up the largest light display in the area. Better visit the link above and get your tickets today because they sell out fast. Their tickets are much cheaper than every other Santa Train Ride I have ever seen.
Top 10 Reasons to Buy a Home in West Virginia
There is no doubt that West Virginia is a beautiful place to live. No matter which way you turn you are able to take in a scenic view of mountains and running rivers and the most magnificent landscape of flowers and trees. If you’re looking to relocate to this area or if you already live here but you’re hoping to finally get into the home of your dreams, there are many programs that can actually help you find the home, finance the home, and even give you some money back when you buy the home. Check out the assortment of programs just waiting for you in West Virginia.
- At WV-Real Estate.net we will how you how you can get 1% of the value of your current home when it comes time to buy your next house. We are the only ones who are providing this service and we work with all licensed real estate agents in this area. With the new changes in our state laws, we are now able to team up with special WV Real Estate Brokers who have agreed to refund a portion of their regular commissions to you. As long as you pay a commission to someone to purchase your new home you are eligible.
The entire process is very simple. Let our licensed WV brokers assist you with as you purchase your new home. We will be there every step of the way. We can even help you find the home of your dreams through our local listings and national database. After you have signed your contract and the deal is done, we give you back 1%. If you purchased a $200,000 home, you will receive a check for $2,000! Just fill in the information on our website to get started: http://wv-real-estate.net/.
- The West Virginia Housing Development Fund (WVAHDF) has a number of programs in place that will help you purchase a new home in the area whether you are a first time home buyer or it’s your fifth time buying. They will work directly with your realtor, your bank, even your credit union to help make the entire process a smooth transition and get you in your new home in no time. Check out their website: http://www.wvhdf.com/.
- Besides the obvious beauty of the area, you will enjoy breathtaking mountain views when you are out on your morning jog. The lush landscape is home to a beautiful setting of Mother Nature’s finest. You’ll find the most vibrant colored flowers, tallest trees, and gorgeous greenery around every corner. And the best part is you get to enjoy four full seasons in West Virginia. It’s not too hot and not too cold at any one time of the year. Seasonal weather is evenly distributed throughout all 12 months.
- The WVAHDF has a Home Ownership program that will help you make owning a home more affordable. You only have to meet three requirements to be eligible for a 30-year mortgage at a fixed rate. Your gross income can’t exceed a specific amount. The purchase amount of the house must also not exceed specific limits. And you cannot have owned a home within the past three years in specific counties that are listed on the WVAHDF website http://www.wvhdf.com/home-buyers/homeownership-program.
- If you have a small business or thinking of starting a business when you relocate, “Forbes” magazine named Morgantown the 10th best small city in the country to conduct business. This is especially good news if you are planning on bringing your business to this area. In addition to that, the cost of running a business in West Virginia is 13% below the national average.
- The United States Department of Agriculture has ways to encourage prospective homeowners to purchase homes in rural areas. There are grants and loans available for those wanting to buy single family homes. There are guaranteed loans, rural housing direct loans, and even loans and grants for people who are planning on repairing or renovating a home they wish to buy. Learn more about these and many other programs to help you purchase a rural home at http://www.rurdev.usda.gov/HSF_SFH.html.
- The cost of living in West Virginia is 5.5% lower than the average across the country. With the cost of products and services shooting up on a regular basis, it’s nice to find a place that actually gives you a break. While it may not seem like much, every little bit helps when most things seem to go up in price but you never get to see them come back down.
- FHA has a new mortgage plan called the Streamlined Limited Repair Program. This program allows prospective new homeowners the chance to add extra funds to their mortgage to use for their home before they move in. You can add up to $35K to your financing so that you can make repairs and renovations to your property before you move in. By the time you take residency your home will already be worth more money.
- The Movin’ Up Program is new to the WVHDF and was created to help homebuyers in West Virginia make buying the home of their dreams a reality. This program is different than others that are offered in that this does not require prospective buyers to be first time home owners. It is for those who may have outgrown their current home and need to move up to larger accommodations. For more specifics on this program check out http://www.wvhdf.com/home-buyers/movin-loan-program.
- If you’ve found your dream house but you don’t have any or enough money for a down payment, don’t despair. The WVHDF has a down payment and closing cost assistance program that can help you out. Funds are available in conjunction with the Homeownership program and the Movin’ Up program at the agency. You could qualify for up to $15,000 for a 15-year loan with a fixed low rate (currently 2.5%). For more specifics about this opportunity, check out http://www.wvhdf.com/home-buyers/down-paymentclosing-cost-assistance.
Tips for Buying a Home in West Virginia
West Virginia is one of the most promising places in the United States. Many people who have considered buying a house or property indeed want it in West Virginia. Now, buying a home is a pretty big investment. In fact, it can eat up your lifetime savings or even more. So here are tips on how to get the best deals on WV Real Estate realtors.
First of all, consider the reason why you are moving in West Virginia. Many families who want to move here want to move because of the many outdoor activities available. West Virginia is indeed a great spot for nature lovers. You can do biking, kayaking, mountain climbing, camping and many more outdoor activities in West Virginia. If this is the reason why you are moving into West Virginia, then you have to inform your real estate agent. This way, he can locate a home for you that is conveniently located in an area with a lot of outdoor activities such as Snowshoe, WV.
Next, learn how to make an offer. There are many great properties in West Virginia right now. You can easily tell by the many places you have seen or checked out with your WV real estate agent. And choosing the perfect one for your family is one of the best challenges that you can go through. Learn how to make an offer. See to it that the price of the house is worth it. Ask for details such as appliances included, repairs needed to be done, how to pay for the house or your payment plan, contingencies and the time limit of accepting the offer. Your seller will offer you a price and you can always give a counter offer if you think the price is too high. However, you will never know this for sure unless you have encountered a lot of properties already. So take your time in checking out WV real estate properties.
Third, assess your financial condition. Are you able to afford this house without jeopardizing your current lifestyle or the lifestyle of your family? It could be possible that your bank account states that you can buy the house right there and then or in snap. However, are you really able to buy this house and still send the children to school, transfer to an employer with the same pay or better pay and all those other expenses? Don’t just start moving your family to West Virginia without thinking about this.
Fourth, if you find that you might encounter a problem in paying for your house, you can actually turn to a lot of assistance in West Virginia. The West Virginia Housing Development Fund Programs is a good place to start. If you are an individual with a low income, this association will help you in affordable financing for your new home from repairs to purchases and everything in between. There are loans available as well for various kinds of applicants. Here, alone, you can already say that West Virginia is a very nice play to live in, right? You will indeed get the assistance you need. There are also US Department Agriculture Housing Programs that are dedicated to people who want to reside in West Virginia. This association can assist you with securing a loan with a private or public guarantor. Grants are easily available for senior citizens aged 62 and above. Yes, sadly, there are still people at this age without their own house. Even people with disabilities and Native Americans are assisted.
Fifth, before closing a sale, make sure you have done all the work around. Though houses offered by WV real estate agents are top of the line, it is still important to check out everything. Home inspection must be done extensively. From the roofs to the doors and everything in between, you must check for anything that needs to be repaired. Mechanical systems such as plumbing, heating, air conditioning, ventilation, septic tanks, sewer lines and the like should be checked by a professional as well. You might need to hire someone to do this for you but don’t worry because it will be worth every penny. The best way to do this is to go to a walk through with your WV real estate agent regarding everything you need to know about the property. For example, you can start with the history of the home. Are you the first person to live there? If not, what happened to the last residents? This is important to ask cause they might have had issues about the home or neighbourhood that’s why they found it important to move out. Ask for blueprints as well so you can see if any major changes were done to the property. Make sure that all the utilities you need are available in the area such as internet, cable and telephone.
Sixth, you must ask about important amenities such as hospitals, schools, gasoline stations, banks, supermarkets and the like. You must make sure that they are near the home you are considering. Otherwise, you will have a lot of problems in the future. If travelling to a hospital takes hours, then this is not the home for you, most especially if you don’t have any idea about basic first aid.
To aid in your search, here are some great areas you could check out in West Virginia. If you are a family who loves to cook and eat, then you will enjoy places in West Virginia that has an available farmers’ market. If you find this pleasing, ask your real estate agent about places in Huntington, Bluefield, Martinsburg, Morgantown, Charleston, Inwood, Gerrardstown, Lewisburg, Moorefield or Union. These are where treat farmers’ markets are located.
Over all, West Virginia is a great place to live in especially if you are a nature loving family. Get the best deals with the best WV real estate agents. Take your time and most of all, be demanding in order to get your money’s worth.