Dec 04, 2007, From a Press Release
Exciting News from Oklahoma!
The Oklahoma SuperBikers (http://www.oklahomasuperbikers.com) are hard at work again with the introduction of a new 2008 Spec Bike Class!
SPEC BIKE CLASSES
The SPEC BIKE classes will feature competitors on identically prepared motorcycles separated into 2 distinct weight categories:
LIGHTWEIGHT SPEC (LWS) - Competitors weighing in at 194 lbs or less with proper riding gear on.
HEAVYWEIGHT SPEC (HWS) - Competitors weighing in at 195 lbs or more with proper riding gear on.
The intent of this class to offer a turn-key racer that once purchased can be put directly on the track with minimal prep (specifically the addition of sliders and fluid containment) and raced against riders on identically prepared machines. This class offers a quick, efficient, and affordable entry into racing. Also, this class removes any perceived machine advantage and allows rider skill to be the determining factor in the overall finishing order.
OSB would like to welcome House of Kawasaki in OKC as our official SPEC BIKE dealer!
Thumpstar TDX Super Motorcycle
- Sealed motor to insure integrity of SPEC BIKE class;
- Official DZ Graphics OSB Thumpstar graphics kit with your Name and OSB Race number;
- 12" street tires (tire model to be determined by availability);
- and, comes Fully safety wired.
To order, call Shawn Garrison of House of Kawasaki at (405)787-7901 to place an order for your OSB SPEC BIKE.
SPEC CLASS RULES
1. Must run a Thumpstar TDX Super Motorcycle;
2. Motorcycle must pass OSB tech;
3. Motorcycle must be stock in appearance and must retain OSB/THUMPSTAR graphics... color changes of bodywork and additional stickers allowed, but, must not cover stock stickers;
4. NO MOTOR MODIFICATION ALLOWED... motors will be delivered sealed and must retain unbroken seal at tech to enter class;
5. Electric starter must remain on motor, but, battery and wiring may be removed;
6. Bike must run stock ignition;
7. Must use UNMODIFIED stock carburetor and UNMODIFIED intake, but, jetting changes allowed;
8. Must use UNMODIFIED stock exhaust;
9. Must use stock fork and shocks... Springs, valving and oil may be changed;
10. Must use stock brake master cylinders, calipers, and rotors, but, aftermarket brake pads may be used;
11. Must use stock supplied 12” wheels;
12. Tires must be commercially available DOT tires... No slicks or rain tires.
13. Items that MAY BE CHANGED on spec bikes:
If it does not say you can change it, don't!